What are the benefits?
According to KMPG’s 2016 report, Infrastructure for Smart Farming, high speed digital connectivity could deliver a $1.2 billion return to WA industry by helping agribusinesses to be globally competitive.
The project would:
- Deliver substantial savings to customers.
- Deliver more diverse and connected regional economies and businesses.
- Support delivery of online education and health services.
- Save lives by assisting with emergency services and response.
- Support farm enterprises to diversify income.
- Connect WA agricultural producers to supply chain partners and customers.
- Support better land management improved farming efficiency and conservation efforts by enabling the use of robotics and remote sensing technology.